So hello, hola, bon jour, long time no speak...or write, as the case may be.
I spent Spring Break back home, along the rolling wheat of Oklahoma. Ok, just kidding, it's winter. There is no wheat. Everything is brown and dead. But, never fear! I had a marvelous time RELAXING for once this year. Family, friends, and a whole week rolled out like our driveway, clean, familiar concrete, waiting for me like I was never gone. It still has that stain from the 4th of July where we burnt so many Snakes (the little black tablet that, when burned, slowly grows into a long tube of soft black ash) that the spot is permanently black.
I certainly hope your free time was as relaxing. Or will be, if you, like some friends at other universities and colleges, have spring break this week. Or even if you (like some fortunate people I am extremely jealous of) have a two week Spring Break. Are you going home to see family and friends? Are you already home, at an education center in your home state? Or perhaps you are simply staying at your univeristy or college, to relax and party there, in your new home away from home. Regardless, I wish you much relaxation and very little homework.
I, like many, thought to "get ahead" in my work, or at least caught up. Silly me.
I did do some work, but, of course, not nearly half of what I had planned. But, I can't bring myself to regret it. I enjoyed myself, my mother, my father, and my sister, all the things I never missed so much last semester. Just another two months or so. We can do it, yes we can! (I can't believe I basically quoted Bob the Builder, but, there you go, this is what happens as the mind grows soft being assaulted with exams and essays every day).
So, of course, back to the point of the blog, alcohol. I myself didn't drink anything, and neither did anyone I hung out with (at least while they were with me). I'm not sure this is really too relevant to the alcohol experience on my campus, but, the way I see it, the univeristy experience as a whole is interconnected. Professors talk to one another, students interact, one campus's experience, good or bad, with alcohol, reflects on all.
That's a good place to end for right now, as I have been advised that my posts are too long and no one is going to spend half an hour reading my long posts. Even if they are WELL THOUGHT OUT and WOULD UNDOUBTEDLY IMPROVE MY READERS' LIVES.
See ya next time (and I'm not bitter, can you tell?)
LPin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment